It’s the most wonderful time of the year again- CHRISTMAS! Everyone loves the feeling of Christmas, but let’s be honest…not everyone knows how to trim the tree! We’ve asked Dawn, owner of Premier WED, to share with us 5 easy tips on how she decorates her home for the holidays.
1. It’s all about scale! Do not purchase ornaments that are the same size. Choose a variety of sizes.
2. It’s all about texture! Choose ornaments of different textures and finishes.
3. Ribbon- this should be done in layers if possible. Creating visual interest with pattern or sheen will always finish your tree of beautifully.
4. We are seeing the sparse tree trend come back! You will want to leave branches revealed so the tree still shines through. Unlike the last 10 years where mesh took over.
5. Incorporating nature where it’s possible is always good! Berries and/or sprigs of greenery are a wonderful way to have your artificial tree look even more festive.
We hope these 5 easy How-Tos inspire you to have a little extra fun Christmas Decorating a little this year! Enjoy decking the halls with a warm cup of hot cocoa, an oven full of warm gingerbread cookies while watching your favorite Christmas classic film.
Styling by Dawn Schenkel